Popular Stories :
- Each May, thousands of Arkansans, both young and old, make their way across a stage to celebrate a major achievement in life – college graduation.
- As the traditional start of the nation’s summer vacation season is expected to kick off on the upcoming Memorial Day holiday with a post-pandemic boost in travel, gas prices are slowly ratcheting back up to near record levels due to $100-plus barrel crude oil.
- In a move that caught state housing advocates off guard, Gov. Asa Hutchinson said last month he is sending back millions of dollars in unused COVID-19 rental assistance to the federal government as the state’s employment levels and economic fortunes return to pre-pandemic norms.
- The University of Arkansas at Little Rock has chosen Joshua Silverstein, Noureen Siraj, and John Kirk as the 2022 winners of the Faculty Excellence Awards. This is the highest honor UA Little Rock awards its faculty members.
- Although the Arkansas and U.S. jobless rates have declined to an all time low levels in the first two months of 2022, there are still a large swath of workers who are quitting their jobs or not returning to the workforce more than two years after the COVID-19 pandemic began.
- Only three months after he took office in 2015, Gov. Asa Hutchinson made what he considers one of his most important early administration hires when he convinced a young Floridian to be his chief job recruiter.
- The University of Arkansas at Little Rock (UA Little Rock) has joined an inaugural network of academic partners across the country to work with the U.S. Cyber Command, one of the eleven unified combatant commands of the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), to provide research, educational, and partnership opportunities in the field of cybersecurity.
- Arkansas Chief Justice Dan Kemp and members of the state Supreme Court on Feb. 25 held an informal topping out ceremony for the expansion of the Justice building complex on the north side of the State Capitol.
- In every sense of the word, James Sullivan is an unqualified American success story.